Internet Safety Back to Home
Kids Internet safety has increasingly become an important topic among parents and teachers throughout the world. Over 300 million children use the Internet worldwide. Teaching Internet safety to kids will help make them more aware of the potential dangers of the web. When online, children should follow a general set of kids Internet safety tips in order to avoid harmful websites and online predators.
- Never give out personal information such as name, address, school name, or phone number.
- Tell your parents or teacher if you come across anything that makes you feel uncomfortable or threatened.
- Never reply to threatening or obscene messages and show parents or teachers such a message if encountered.
- Never agree to meet anyone in person that you have met on the Internet without your parent's permission.
- Never send pictures of yourself or your family to others without my parent's permission.
- Never give out your password to anyone other than your parents
Remember, kids Internet safety is important, so try to make sure kids follow these Internet safety tips while online. By being polite, staying connected with your parents, and keeping personal information to yourself, you should be ready and set to go surf the web. To learn more about kids Internet safety, visit SecretBuilders, you can even test your knowledge by taking a brief SecretBuilders Internet Safety Quiz.
© 2014 Renaissance 2.0 Media. All rights reserved. - Site Map